I want to use empty eye shadow trays for another craft project, so when I bought this shadow at the Dollar Tree, I knew just what to do with the extra powder.
I first read about this idea of putting unused eye shadow into clear nail polish to make a new color of nail polish on Delighted Momma’s blog right here.
It looked really easy and fun, so I had to try it for myself.
- I used the pointy end of a small paint brush to get the eye shadow out of the tray.
- I emptied the loose powder onto a small piece of paper.
- I used the brush end to clean out the spare bits.
- I got out my clear nail polish.
5. I made a funnel with the paper and tapped the shadow down into the bottle.
6. I replaced the cap and shook up the polish and eye shadow mixture.
It’s quite a pretty shade of pinky red.
I found a volunteer to test out the polish.
This is one coat of eye shadow nail polish. It went on fairly smoothly. You’d probably need two coats for the best look.