- Neil Gaiman liked a picture of me icing my head after listening to him read steamy John Wilmot poetry on a podcast. *squeeeee*
- Avoided Covid until August 2022, just in time for my 46th birthday. *womp womp*
- Chocolate Alchemy Treat making with my friend Eric!
- Went to my first Clerk of Session “One-on-One” Minutes swap at our Presbytery.
- Accidentally bought cryptocurrency while sleeping (Bitcoin). (And not even Ethereum! WTF.)
- Fixed a shower drain and leaking faucet – I’m handy!
- Started a brand new degree online, and was invited and joined the National Society of Collegiate Scholars.
- Made tissue paper crafts at the Advent Festival.
- Grew one green bean. That’s it. Just one. Enough to have seeds for next summer. Haha.
- Completed my first whole Inktober.
- Read and completed The Artist’s Way with my partner Jymi. Also drove to Massachusetts and had so much fun visiting him and his cat Moo. (Moo unfortunately passed away on Halloween.)
- Accidentally left my glue gun plugged in for over a week and didn’t burn anything down! (This one I hope never to repeat!)
I feel like every character in this picture is a possible emotion we experience during the holidays. The stoic soldier, the enthusiastic happy corgi, the gift giving hedghog, the dolly that performs on queue out of obligation, the grumpy but festive cat, the surprise dino, and the irritable llama. Or is that an alpaca? Anyway… I aim for “corgi” but probably run the gamut all month. December is both a magical and stressful time.
I try to remember the Reason for the Season – which to me is Love for Humankind.
Simplifying and clarifying our needs and wants.
Enjoying what we have.
Watching the beautiful snow fall.
Drinking a warm cup of delicious tea and savoring the sunrise.
How will you celebrate life during December 2022?
As always, if you’d like this resized or made for a different device, please ask!
Check out my Patreon post to download this art, and/or request a wallpaper resize for a different device.